Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mosinmagazine.webs.com is FAKE.

It's stealing a picture from Richard. I'll be calling Brass Stacker Monday as they hold the patents now (Richard sold the patents to Brass Stacker and was working with them.)

There's no way this is going to be $25.

I went far enough into the website to check to be sure it was a scam (even if it's apparent from the surface.)

Related vid on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_b-wyTVRk

Just a heads-up folks.

Regards,

Josh

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
I had a freshly rebuild motorcycle racing engine for sale on epay a few years ago with tons of high quality pics showing all the induction/water/exhaust ports taped over with blue tape, some asshat copied the entire WTS advert and just changed who was selling it..no end to crooks boldness I guess.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Great idea!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing: The picture is watermarked. You can see part of "Datamancer" on it. (Datamancer was Richard Nagy's professional handle.)

I watermark most of my pics with my company's name, but that generally gets me in trouble here. This why I generally don't post them here.

But yes, it's a good idea.

Regards,

Josh

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That will only affect folks who feel a need to make their rifles into something that they are not.

If it had taken the Soviets 30 seconds to load a Mosin-Nagant rifle, Putin would be speaking German.

·
Administrator
3,264 Posts
I have thought of watermarking, but never have.

Smart idea and one I should do when selling or showing something unusual (which I admit is not that often)

thanks for the reminder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.