Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am getting ready to sell my S/42G stock to help pay for some of my recent purchases including a matching BSW stock that I found! What do you think a fair price is for the S/42G 1935 stock?
I have a number in mind, but want to get some opinions.
This is what it is:
All matching never sanded stock that is definately 72 years old. Dings and dents abound. No cracks in the wood. Nor is it warped in any way.
One bubba mark or field replacement mark? The front band had the serial number scrubbed and renumbered to my 1938 BSW. All other numbers are 9006.
The Stock is a WaA 211 with seria number 9006 in hand guard and base stock and lower buttstock. Stock is dry inside.
Front band is WaA 211 with scrubbed serial number
Rear band is K167 with serial number 9006
Band spring is stamped K167
bayo lug is stamped K167 and serial number 06
Recoil lug is stamped K167
Take down discs are stamped WaA211
Butt plate is WaA211 and serial number 9006.
Here are some pics. They are not great. I don't have the best PC or camera with me.
Thanks
Fred

·
Registered
72 Posts
S42G Stock

I am looking for a 1937 S/42 stock. How close is this to a 1937 stock. Receiver and barrel are numbered 989.
Yours,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not the same as a S/42

Hi 1105,
The S/42 would only have WaA63 waffens on it. My stock is pretty specific to 1935 S/42G guns. It apparently is a pretty rare year all the way around.
Thanks
Fred

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bob

I would love to see more of your bSw wood. The one I bought was lightly sanded :eek:(. Every thing is present but not as sharp as yours. The lucky thing is that it has all the metal that matches. So I at least have an all matching metal with seperate all matching stock that is the correct year.
What kind of questions do you have about my S/42G stock. I will be happy to answer them for you if I can.
Here some pics of my bSw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts