Gunboards Forums banner

Factory PPK/s wood grips?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DKWDr 
#1 ·
Back in the day when Interarms Walthers came from Germany, did Walther offer checkered wood grips as an option or special order?

Happy Motoring, Mark

#3 · (Edited)
I purchased a late '70s German PPK/S a few years ago and it came with the standard plastic Walther-banner grips.
Recently, I discovered it had been water damaged, and decided to find a nearly identical German PPK/S as a replacement.
Most I looked at had the standard factory thin plastic banner grips.
Reason for my question is the PPK/S I bought came with thin checkered wood grips, using the same blued hardware and screw as the factory plastic banner grips. Any aftermarket grips I've seen for these used different hardware, often bright brass and a different thread. So I wondered if Walther ever offered optional wood grips for these. Pics below.
Happy Motoring, Mark D.

Wood Rectangle Font Metal Plywood
Communication Device Gadget Electronic instrument Audio equipment Carbon

Gesture Art Cylinder Wood Font
Automotive radiator part Font Audio equipment Metal Gadget

#4 ·
FWIW, there's currently an online auction listing for "Walther PP or PPK/s original factory wood grips" . Auction includes the original Interarms packaging with part number RAT-22411, and a barcode number 0 91954 61008 7.
The grips look almost identical to mine, except the border is slightly wider. So the checkered area is smaller.
Also includes an extra grip-screw that looks just like my original ones. Price started at $69, but there are no bids yet.

Mark D.

#7 · (Edited)
They didn't come with wood grips. But apparently, the wood could be special-ordered through Interarms - the official importer. These eBay grips did not have a Walther banner. However, they did come with the original Interarms packaging and part number, as mentioned in a previous post.
Pictures here -

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.