Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has been the experience with Century's 50's Bulgarian 7.62x25 in CZ52?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Its got a bad name. Its to hot split necks and others. Iv have shot it with no problums But I have heard of lots.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
The high pressure loading appears to be an internet myth as no one beyond that initial story that someone will inevitably link to has had problems with it. But the cases are made with shitty brass which has full length splits- something i have seen many members on this board independently replicate. Honestly, i don't shoot enough to be worth the possible frustration of bad ammo for the price savings and i just buy S&B or PPU. Romy binds up in my CZ and i don't feel like fighting it for that either.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,804 Posts
No personal experience but I have read enough about other people's problems that makes me want to avoid that ammo like the plague. Like Comrade said, it's just not worth the grief.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
The problem seemed to be a specific batch of 1952 dated ammo with a pink wrapper on stripper clips.

I would avoid the specific bad ammo, but it is silly to avoid all Bulgarian ammo because of the bad batch.

To do this is akin to forsaking all Chryslers because they built the K-Cars and absorbed AMC.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Century ammo?

I had heard it was the 3/10/52 (1952) ammo that was the problem. Anyway I put in new hammer springs in my two cz52's to get rid of the double strike problem and the stuff I am getting from Century, which is 1953 stuff, shoots fine with a few splits. Results may vary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts