1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,081 Posts
people are wanting to get these firearms now and willing to pay the money to get them no matter what, it is their money to do as they please, if they want it that bad let them purchase them for that amount especially if it makes them happy to get it, I can not tell them otherwise, it is their money to do as they please.

Patrick

Reactions: NY50/70

·
Registered
247 Posts
people are wanting to get these firearms now and willing to pay the money to get them no matter what, it is their money to do as they please, if they want it that bad let them purchase them for that amount especially if it makes them happy to get it, I can not tell them otherwise, it is their money to do as they please.

Patrick
Well Said!

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
It's Ian's fault. :giggle:

Reactions: TLWiz and bigwagon

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
A January 1940 H prefix "all matching" early Mas 36 including the bayonet (very rare) in VG condition is well worth every penny!
Kelt:

Your thoughts on the cloth webbing sling?

And I agree that the MAS 36 linked is a beautiful example and worth the price paid.

·
Registered
30 Posts
French guns have all gone up across the board, That is Ian's account, and people watch his account for when stuff is listed. Combine that with the extra "free money" people have been getting, we have the current market.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
801 Posts
I just sold a nice all matching 1886 m93 on the trader for $1200 plus shipping last month. It lasted about an hour on the trader. Noticed retail milsurp dealers were getting $1500 to $1800 when they have them is stock. In my area 1886 m93's in decent shape are very hard to find if at all.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it is their money if their happy to pay over $2000 for a bolt mismatched 1886 more power too them I guess lol! Still I'm happy getting my matching R35 Lebel last month that is German captured marked for less then $950 off Gunbroker. So deals were still there to be had.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Well it is their money if their happy to pay over $2000 for a bolt mismatched 1886 more power too them I guess lol! Still I'm happy getting my matching R35 Lebel last month that is German captured marked for less then $950 off Gunbroker. So deals were still there to be had.
It's weird how things have reversed. R35s used to sell for more than regular Lebels. Their prices have gone up recently, but regular Lebels sell for a lot more, even terrible condition ones.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's Ian's fault. :giggle:
It was also my rifle, so it's my benefit, this time. :) I listed it about 6 weeks ago and it sold for 1800, but the buyer flanked out on me, having apparently gotten a big medical bill after winning the auction. I was really annoyed until it sold the second time for even more...

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
It was also my rifle, so it's my benefit, this time. :) I listed it about 6 weeks ago and it sold for 1800, but the buyer flanked out on me, having apparently gotten a big medical bill after winning the auction. I was really annoyed until it sold the second time for even more...
;) 👍

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now I'm really shocked! You let one of your lebel rifles go Ian lol!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Agree that prices are kind of crazy but as is the case for many collectibles the old saying that you rarely pay too much just too soon applies. I bought my first 1886 in the early 90s for $180 and sold it in the early 2000s to fund some car parts. I regretted doing so and bought my second one for $450 off GB about 9 years ago. Then Ian came along and reminded us what fascinating weapons these are and the price skyrocketed. Add to that these have always been somewhat rare in the US so I imagine prices will continue to climb.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well can't say I'm glad I sold mine on our trader in 2017......barely managed to scrape $475 for it. It was a very nice bore, rebuilt Tulle 1917 missing the bolt head extractor. Solid wood. Had to relist it for weeks until a guy finally said he'd take it in.
Nowadays......Holy S****, looking at stuff selling on GunJoker is insane. Folks must really be counting on Uncle Joe to give them a check and a BIG one at that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.