Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find out the value on a 1943 Izhevsk M91/30 Ex-sniper I picked up not too long ago.
It has a laminated stock, w/all the accessories. No line-outs or grinding on the SNs and they are all matching except bayonet. Saying that I still figure it has been rearsenaled. Bore and rifling are VG+ to EXC condition. Blueing is at least 95%. Only the stock shows a little wear, finish rubbed off in a few spots. Has the 2 plugs in the receiver where the mount use to be. Pictures are not the best as I only have a cheapy camara. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, What do you think it's worth?

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Probably 125-150ish. I don't place high $$ on ex snipers since they are kinda of common place for me.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe it or not this is the first one I've run accross, that was for sale at least.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I've snagged a couple for $79/$89 from J&G a couple years ago. They knew what they were but only put a $10 premium on them. One is back together with an original scope and bent bolt (a Tula, '43 IIRC).

Your pics are a bit tough to see well, but from what I have seen lately, agree with the $125 if bore is in great shape, given the lammy stock. (IS it a lammy? pics are really tough, but I don't see strong lamination.) Given an Izhevsk PU, I would expect to see 4 holes filled on the outside and visible inside (look up high into the receiver and down low for #3 and 4.)

Are you planning a "re-commission'?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not sure as I lost my job and have an offer to sell. I think the guy who is looking at it will restore it. If I keep it I will probably restore it some day. The funny thing is, I wanted one with a junky stock so I could experiment with it to make a custom stock, but as I was checking the guns out this just kind of popped out at me and I actually reached over 2 or 3 others to get this. Then I had the guy set it back for about an hour while I went and looked around some more in the gunshow. I never even looked at the receiver and I was able to trade it for an SKS I had that needed work.

Yes it is a lamy, I pulled the buttplate to check

I checked and found the other 2 holes so it is definitely the PU. Thanks

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,363 Posts
Boy, it certauinly does not look like a laminated stock. Should be very visible at a glance and yours appears to be hardwood in the pics. I agree that $125 to $150 and if laminated the stock may carry some premium, though not necessarily for a sniper rebuild project.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:I am standing myself corrected on the stock. What I was looking at in bad lighting was lacquer buildup that made it look laminated and kept me from following the graining at the butt stock. Really rather embarrassing, but I'm not all that familiar with the laminate stocks. have only seen one other on an M44(well one now since this is not one). It looked like a veneer and had the lighter color??:eek:
Oh well, it is definitely a PU setup though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts