Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed on an PU ex-sniper today for $99. First one I picked up to examine & the only one in the whole crate. 1943 Izy ,had the lined out scope number & stock with no rear SSE & liner in the front. No CH sniper marks & the scope number was crazy high like 546678943. Could have been two numbers lined out as the lines didnt connect but the number alltogether. All stamped matching except for the lineout floorplate. I can go back & get it anytime, whats it worth realistically?

Also found a 42' Tula all stamped matching except lineout floorplate. Had 2 serial numbers but no MO marks or anything. Second added serial was K123 across the Tula star. Also the stock with no SSE & a liner in the front had a crossbolt at the wrist. Both stocks had faint unreadable cartouches.

Are these particularly rare? Worth more than $99 each? Thanks for the help, Norinco

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,359 Posts
I have given anywhere from $100 to $125 for a ex-sniper.............again depending upon condition, barrel life etc............ ;)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,337 Posts
First one I would say $99 would be fair. 44 and 43 iz are not worth to much and are very common.

As for the 42 tula.. you have a PM, that is rare and I wants it! lol

·
Gold Bullet Member
265 Posts
The '42 Tula's are somewhat uncommon, but not as rare as the '41's. Is that "second serial number" accross the Tula star in a larger font than the original serial number? If so, it is probably a production control number or lot number for the barrel. These kinds of markings are usually hidden under the stock on the bottom of the barrel, but the '42 Tula's typically have all or part of the number visible. How is the fit and finish of the receiver? Some of them have lots of machining marks and show signs of rushed production, while other '42 Tula's are beautifully finished.

Randy

·
Registered
544 Posts
You pay 99 bucks at the Big5 for a mis-matched nothing at all special rifle. So is it worth 99 bucks if it's all there, why not?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The '42 Tula was not a sniper, just a standard 91/30 but still was very nice & the machine work & such was great. Are standard 42' Tula 91/30s rare? Both of these were in a Ukranian refurb crate but looked like they hadn't been messed with too much just recoated the stocks & touched up the finish. Both are $99, actually the Tula was alot nicer & everything looked better on it.

Oh, the secondary numbers were huge, I may go back & pickup that Tula.........

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i have a 42 tula in a nice refurb tula stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.