Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
Who's selling them for $80 to $150 ? Sure, I found one for $100 with bright sharp
bore but it was pure luck after looking at many many 91/30s. I wouldn't sell it for
anything less than $250. Either you get lucky or you pay.
Anything less than $250? I hope its a rare date/type.

Ex-Snipers can be found everywhere. At the last show I found 2 ex snipers 44 and a 42 izzy ex PU, both for around $80. I passed on them.

They are at a good price because not many know what to look for and MOST people dont expect an outrageous high price for theirs.

BTW rguns currently has as many ex snipers as you like for $100 each.
No luck needed and all theirs are VG-Excellent condition.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
I wouldn't buy one, period. They are, after all, junked as snipers.
Highly debated.
Some indeed where in to bad of shape to continue as snipers.
But with 50-200k snipers in ww2, thats alot of optics to clean. I imagine the Russians didnt want to spend the money on it so they just turned them back into normal infantry use rifles.

Most all of the ex snipers are from the latter, they arnt "junk" but the russians had to many rifles to take care of and to few $ to do it with.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
BTW I happen to be looking for a 42 Tula Ex-PU.
If you anyone happens to find one or has one I pay top dollar. Finders fee paid!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
Steven, I never said you were full of it. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I agree many non-snipers shoot well. I also agree that you may only get the benefit of a hand selected barreled receiver in an ex-sniper when it comes to accuracy. That is something plus the history.

I do not say I have any definitive information on this other than quite a bit of experience with ex-snipers, both restored and not restored. Plus, this is what I like and study. I just have a somewhat informed opinion. I also follow the market values on these. They certainly do vary. The 47 on the trader recently was pretty pricey. A 42 Tula, PU or PEM, will not be cheap either, unless you are real lucky.
I have my doubts on that 47 tula.
When something is TO perfect I tend to wonder.
That blueing looks to recent, I cant see the "7" in 1947. And a matching bayonet along with everything else?
Sorry, sounds to good to be true even if the price isnt. This is of course my own opinion. But before I hand out that kinda cash I would need some more pictures.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
I'll have to remember to get you to point them out to me at the next show.
Not to hard, next time you go send me a PM.
For one you can check for a SN on the side of the receiver if its an Izvesk, usually it will be lined out.

If its a TULA there sometimes are a CN or CH stamped on the receiver near the top.

Then just ask the seller to open the action, check for 2 holes(may be just 1 or 4) all depends on what type. if there are holes filled in on the left side of receiver you got an ex sniper.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,705 Posts
Dang ! I didn't know rguns had them for $100. That's the market value then.
I'm wrong. I'm ordering one next Monday. It's a great bolt action rifle independent
of any historical interest. The ex-sniper status simply means it passed some
accuracy test at one time & thus improve the liklihood of a good shooter. Why
bother with a remchester ?

that will be your little secret :)

1 - 7 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.