Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Once again we offer our Mosin M-91/30 infantry rifles in excellent rearsenaled condition. Bores will be good to very good. These are Dragoon M-1910 rifles converted to M-91/30 configuration. Accessories included: Bayonet, ammo pouch, oil can, sling and cleaning rod attachments. Add $20 for hand select bore. Add $20 for Tula make. Add $20 for year of manufacture. C&R/FFL required!"

Ok, I want a hex reciever 91/30, and it would be cool to have an ex-dragoon, is it true that these are? If so, should I buy it? Thanks,

Nick

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
Nick,

Looks like a pretty decent price for a hex reciever 91/30. I would imagine that the extra fee for date applies if you want a specific date in the listed 1924-1928 rifles.

T

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My first ex-dragoon came as a ufixem from Century back when they were much more uncommon. All it needed was a front sight. I was pretty excited about it, but we became flooded in them a few months later. I still like ex-dragoons. If you don't already have a hex receiver 91/30 type rifle, then I don't think you can go wrong. I would do as Ted says and get clarification about the date. If they're really selling ex-dragoons, they should all be 1920's dated or earlier. Sounds strange to me also.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks. If I do go that route and order from them, should I ask for them to hand pick one? I want a hex 91/30, but if it was an ex-dragoon, that would be even better.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I agree that description seems some what confusing. I would call IO and get clarification before ordering.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
They got some good stuff with match bayos (hint) the import mark is on top of reciever now and not at end of bbl., but the hexes that ive seen are still titty compared to the other stuff out there now. I would suggest to try to bargain 5-10 rifles for a lot price since 91/30s are the best deal going for the quality and price and collectability. IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts