Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Quite a price for a refurb, haha!! Very neat rifle, hope to see more pics soon! Don't see the KA3 marked rifles hardly at all, in any configuration. The filing on the front edge of the barrel shank looks more like a Balkan or Finn trait. I think both were known to do that, when the M91/Dragoon style front sight hit that part of the front edge of the barrel shank. It also seems to make sense that's why Balkan M91s and assumedly Dragoons, has the "Balkan wedge" installed to keep that front sight off the edge of the shank. Very cool rifle!

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Haha! Well some of them are around M1 prices! I guess this one could be, depending on what kind of Garand you'd be looking at! I got mine from the CMP a few years back, and it was very fairly priced. It's fun too!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Haha! Well some of them are around M1 prices! I guess this one could be, depending on what kind of Garand you'd be looking at! I got mine from the CMP a few years back, and it was very fairly priced. It's fun too!
Rare Mosins tend to go even higher than rare M1s in my observations. If you found an original matching Cossack, you probably couldn't touch it for less than $3K.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rare Mosins tend to go even higher than rare M1s in my observations. If you found an original matching Cossack, you probably couldn't touch it for less than $3K.
Exactly, but what I don't get is paying a premium for a refurb EX Cossack. Its no longer a Cossack rifle, its a post war refurb 91/30. They only refurb I would pay more than $300 dollars on is a capture Finnish M30, but again that's just my personal opinion. Not my lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Exactly, but what I don't get is paying a premium for a refurb EX Cossack. Its no longer a Cossack rifle, its a post war refurb 91/30. They only refurb I would pay more than $300 dollars on is a capture Finnish M30, but again that's just my personal opinion. Not my lack of knowledge.
I would probably pay $301 for a refurb 1941 Tula. ;)

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
It took me about a decade to find a 91-30 SA recapture in the wild........ in the next decade I will find an ex-KA3. Oh Ya! :thumbsup:
True, I collect sloooooooowly.......I gotta say....if i find one cheap....Updated Cossack 91-30, then I would buy.....spendy....only if it had an SA stamp....:)

Pahtu.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts