Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you look at a sight like that you realize just how much stayed in Germany. Then you think why the big importer houses are not bringing it into the USA! Instead we get RC imports because the importers get them for so cheap! If the importers would pony up and go to Germany we would be seeing really rare examples of the K98k.

WWW.SAUER-MILITARIA.DE

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still

I don't read German so the down side was not apparent. But the K98k codes on the sight were all very rare. They had codes like bcd/ar ZF41 models in large numbers. Then the truly rare codes like ax/ar, bcd/bnz, and single rune 1942,1943, and 1944 showed up! I was impressed with what they had available! From what I could translate not all the K98k examples were demilled. I still don't believe that all the K98k rifles of World War II have found a home in the USA. I think the military made it hard for the GI's to take home captures and the vast bulk of the K98k rifles remained in Europe or got exported to third world nations during the cold war!

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Going To Disagree

Yeah too many K98k rifles were sporterized in the USA after the war. But in the 20 years I have looked for all types of German small arms from WWII the pickings of all original, all matching, non-import marked have been slim. My personal experience has not mirrored yours Pisgah. So I am going to have to say that by in large they are not in the USA. If you were fortunate enough to build a representative collection of German small arms more power to you. What I had I sold in 2005 so it is all kind of moot for me now! And anyone trying to start a collection in 2008 better have big bucks, and your still going to be taken with RC bonker jobs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.