Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8,307 Posts
Amazingly craptastic. "Nicht nummerngleich" means mismatched. What has you all hot and bothered about a bunch of mismatched and postwar-fudged rifles that have been converted into dewats or blank-firing only? At this point they have no more worth than parts value. Even the condition of these rifles is nothing special. The bulk of nice, original condition Kar.98k's are in the US.
It is my believe that the bulk of interesting, original WWII K98k's are not in the US. It is my believe that they are still in Europe. Nummerngleich or not (not every K98k came "nummerngleich" out of WWII). It is my believe that they are "released by small numbers" into the international market. To keep a price high you have to present "rarity". Tons of WWII weapons are kept away from interested individual buyers to raise the price (this goes on for decades know, 99,9% of the people haven't even a clue!).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.