Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
9,188 Posts
Appreciate the link, very interesting. However, I think that the vast majority of K98ks in original condition are here in the US. They were brought into this country in huge numbers by returning veterans an occupation troops. The excess were bought up by milsrup dealers like Interarms by the Conex container full and sold from the 40s through the 70s during the hay day of milsurp importation. Europe didn't need K98ks. In fact, Europe was transisting to the FAL and G3. Europe needed cash to rebuild.

Those rifles left in Europe were overhauled, such as the RCs, dewatted, etc. The rifles you see sold by this company are those overhauled rifles. Of course, if hoards of them are found, I doubt they'll make it here and I doubt they'll be released into Europe without being dewatted given the stringent laws. Furthermore, they would have turned up in the last 20 years. The vast majority of the world's nice, original condition K98ks are here in the US. That's not "national boasting", that's reality. I remember hearing of "vast quantities of nice K98ks" coming from Europe back in the 80s. Those were RCs and from Romania. Those are mixmasters, refurbs, and parts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.