Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Especially since you can buy or build one in an afternoon. The rifles you've photoed there are hard to come by as they aren't making anymore!

Rome

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bashing again! I do like Ljungmans, Hakims, G3's, but I also like M16/ AR15 and their variants. Another, "Mine is bigger than yours" thread. AK's, AR's they are all good! It fires bullets, any questions? Add an AK or AR to that! jp

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How can one resist bashing AR-15's ? I try, but alas, I cannot..
...it's not about size...my 3rd favorite gun is my SAR2 in 5.45x39.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bolt or Semi ?

See...I'm not averse to .223...I just happen to like EVERY military caliber !
...well...I have never tried 7.5mm...

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
You should try the Euro klunkers in 7.5x54, some of them can give you a trill, with MOA accuracy.

In 223, the best are still the Sig 550 & 551, altough the AR15 is not too far behind.

kelt

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Kelt where did you get the stocks for the MAS rifles?

MJ

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Kelt where did you get the stocks for the MAS rifles?
MJ
The stocks come from the French Army, they were designed after the stock system of the sharpshooter bolt action rifle FRF1, the same ergonomics were applied to the Mas 49-56 when the Army built a competition rifle based on the 49-56 and named MSE.

The bottom rifle is a MSE made in 1975, an accurized Mas 49-56 tweaked by the military armorers for national and international military shooting competitions like the Leclerc Cup and the adjustable stock with pistol grip is one of its distinctive features, with improved sights and target trigger group, the various modified parts are stamped to the rifle SN.

I fitted a spare MSE stock and target trigger group to the Mas 49 myself, it is a much more comfortable shooting platform and looks great too, even if it 's seen as a cardinal sin by many to "customize" a Mas 49.

kelt

·
Gold Bullet member
141 Posts
Hey Drazil I have always had a soft spot in my heart for "Euro Junkers." I am real sure I would not take an AR 15 in equal trade for almost any of them. Bob

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
man..you guys got some nice rifles....poor guys like me can only dream of owning some of what you guys got!guess ill slink back over to the mosin side of the house now......

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Thanks for the tip Kelt. Love to get them copied by a good stock maker. I saw a few pictures of the trigger set some place but the wood would be nice. I just received 400 7.5 cases and my dies.

Cheers
MJ

1 - 20 of 31 Posts