Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been avoiding browsing Gunbroker, since I don't have money for purchases, but just the other day I saw a formerly-sporterized, vet bring back ce 41 listed, which someone had restored. (To my knowledge, I'm not allowed to post a link to the Gunbroker listing, since bidding is still active.) Everything looked nice (sadly, the listing isn't as pic-heavy as it probably should be) except for the stock. Noting that it did not appear to have a JP Sauer stock on it, and recalling that I have a 1940, JP Sauer-produced laminated cupped buttplate stock from Mario, I want to try to contact the seller to ask whether or not they would be ok with letting the winning bidder know that I have a stock which I am willing to sell which is as good of a match as they're probably going to get.

What are your opinions on the ethics of this?

Regardless, sadly, its been so long since I actually logged into Gunbroker that my account's been deactivated, and I am trying to get it reactivated so I can actually "ask the seller a question." Nonetheless, I think this is a serious question, and wonder what your thoughts are on it.

NOTE: this is not a "WTS" post. I have a couple of stocks from Mario which I no longer need, but hate to part with... In this case, though, I thought it would be so outstanding to more properly restore this rifle, that I'd gladly part with the stock to see it go on that rifle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, to wrap this thread up, I did "ask the seller a question" and explained that I had the correct stock for the rifle he was selling - if he or the buyer was interested. Never heard back from him. So, I guess I either creeped him out, he just didn't care, or didn't know enough to care.

Thanks for all the feedback! I certainly wouldn't have messaged someone like that without y'all's positive feedback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.