Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the Erma factory went chapter 11 in 1997 and nearly all their documentation has been gone I need any kind of information about Erma and their products to finish my reference book which I want to publish in some years (at least 300 of the planned 1500 pages are finished already ...).

Herein I want to ask each of you who get their hands on an Erma gun to provide me details so I can consolidate information like the number of guns they produced per model and year or when each model was produced. For this I have started an Erma database a while ago. At this moment in time 5354 Erma guns are included anonymous in this database already. So please support my effort and provide the information below.

What I need is the exact model name as it has been printed on the gun and its complete serial number (including the 0's and any additional character). In addition it is very important to know which year the gun has been produced. For the civil models of the 1920/30's that's not easy but at least the military versions should have a year code (e.g. "40" for 1940) stamped on. Most guns produced after WW2 do have German proof marks on which look like one of these three examples:

View attachment 267780
The two digits or letters in the right of the three stamps are the important information. I know it's sometimes a real eye test....

For the KGP68 and KGP68A models (as well as the Charter Arms 79K) I would need the caliber (.32 or .380) in addition as both have the same name for both bores and for the rare Erma revolvers the barrel length.

Erma also produced guns or part kits for several US companies. On most of these guns are no proof stamps but it would be excellent to get an idea of how many have been produced from these too. The models are:
- American Arms CX22, P98, PK22, PX22 and PX25,
- Charter Arms 40DA and 79K,
- Crosman CX, PK and PX,
- Excam RX22,
- Iver Johnson TP22 and TP25,
- L.A. Distributors FB-1,
- RG Industries RG42.

So in summary your message could look like these examples:
- EGM1-Mod.70, serial number 012345, proof stamp "85"
- KGP68A, serial number 654321, proof stamp "KA", cal.380
- KGP69, serial number 333333, no German proof stamps
- Deutsches Sportmodell 1934, serial number 12345678
- ER777, s/n 987654, 4" barrel
- K98k, serial number 1234a, year code 40 (there's a separate thread on Erma's K98 in this forum)
- American Arms P-98, serial number 123456
- Iver Johnson TP-22, serial number 345678
- Excam RX22, s/n J012345
- Charter Arms 79K, s/n 012345, cal.380

·
Registered
9 Posts
ERMA KGP69 /serial #/ importer stamp /importer city stamp /observed proof stamps

I presently own this ERMA.

ERMA KGP69 313533 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA with proof stamps, side and toggle

I have either owned or observed the following other ERMAs

ERMA KGP69 312721 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA proof stamps, side and toggle
ERMA KGP69 313601 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA none
ERMA KGP69 302489 LA DISTR NEW YORK none
ERMA KGP69 306626 LIBERTY LOS ANGELES CA. none
ERMA KGP69 301662 ? ? ?
ERMA KGP69 304105 LA DISTR NEW YORK toggle
ERMA KGP69 312298 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA ?
ERMA KGP69 312435 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA none
ERMA KGP69 313490 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA side and toggle
ERMA KGP69 313709 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA side and toggle
ERMA KGP69 313823 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA frame, slide, and ?

·
Copper Bullet member
173 Posts
I own 1:
Erma KGP69 311645 EXCAM INC HIALEAH FLORIDA .22 Kal. No German Proof

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. Just put it into the Erma database which has 5879 Erma's in it within this moment. It's growing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own a Erma/Excam RX22 22LR semi auto pistol , #J 00465, that I purchased new in October of 1980. Regards, Gary
Thanks Gary. One additional question as you own quite an early RX22 serial number:

Does your RX22 have already the patented safety system where the trigger actuated lever blocks the firing pin at all times except when the trigger is fully retracted under deliberate firing conditions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
flens69, It's been quite a while since I've actually had my RX22 at the local range but I still have the original maroon colored box and safety instruction pamphlet. The box cover states that pistol has the "Patented ignition safety system", while the instruction manual lists two recommended brands/types of 22LR ammunition for best functioning of the pistol; Remington High Velocity #1522 and Federal Hi-Power. Hope this is what your looking for. Regards, Gary

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all who have submitted data so far. The database is growing slowly and 6039 Erma's are included right now. Please continue to submit data....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Carcano. We are at 6102 Erma's right now:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own an Erma EP-22 With the German proofs like those above. The first set. 68 is in the far right mark. SN: 64096.
No import marks in gun. Missing front sight, still looking. I thought it may be pre war. If you can shed some light I would be grateful. I see you are in Munich, my son is living in Bad Winsdsheim. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How about Erma Luger copys in .22lr? Pop owns one that he purchased "nib" in the mid 1970,s from Big 5 sporting goods that was a great plinker but had a weak firing pin that kept breaking until he made a
replacement one with a "core-pin" thanks to his machinist experience! The gun is still in very nice condition despite the thousands of rounds we fed it that we also had to have the gun re-anodized as the
origional finish "wore-off"! He still has the brown plastic grips that came with the gun, but he also made checkered grips from walnut that grace the gun to this day! The original price for the gun was around
50 usd back then & of the few seen today, at gun shows are worth 10 times that in "nib" condition! (Boy how things have increased in price)! My 1976 Ruger 10/22 with an american walnut stock only cost
45 usd back then! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry that I wasn't online for a while.

Thanks for the data. 6746 is the actual status....

@SA10: Your gun has been build in the Erma factory in Dachau (close to Munich in Germany) mid of 1968.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking for some info on a 22lr erma werke model 62 bolt action rifle. the magazine has been lost and i want to know what it would be worth and what size the machined grove is in the reciever. any help would be good. thank you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looking for some info on a 22lr erma werke model 62 bolt action rifle. the magazine has been lost and i want to know what it would be worth and what size the machined grove is in the reciever. any help would be good. thank you
There's still a source for those magazines available. Please let me know your serial number via PN together with your email address so I can send you more information on your gun and the source for the magazines.

@all: actual status = 6832 Erma guns in the database. Please continue to send me the required details of your Erma's.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I currently own 3 ERMA DSM34s.... two Kar98k ...

DSMs
4158... dovetail repair
6373.... elm stock
8523,,,, Police with starburst K (in stock)

K98s
S/27G 4269
ax40 1822n.... '41 dated buttplate and barrel

email me if you want any pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks folks. This pushed the Erma database to 7074 guns as we speak....

1 - 20 of 205 Posts