Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts
Hehehe, bit late for the 4.1 pull eh ?

This topic has been covered many times over the years, but Dawgs, I disagree with you on one thing. The bomb needed to be dropped to get the sucker Hirohito and the Imperial Japanese military machine to it's knees quickly, yes I may be able to understand that part, but dropping them intentionally on known heavily civilian targets was not a choice that would ever be appreciated, especially by the receiving end. But I guess this topic belongs to be talked about when August comes around.

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts
Takehito,
I would only drop some Jack Daniels on you. And one pair of bibs so when you got drunk you could try a pair on. LOL
Dropping a case or two of JD over me works for me anytime ! the bib part I don't know.... I wouldn't want to get a fancy on 'em and start collecting vintage bibs or anything like that.

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts
Read about the Japanese I-400 submarine(s) and what their mission was if you have any doubts about us dropping the bomb.
Yea right, excellent reason to vaporize a quarter million mostly civlian population in two shots, hardly any strategic military targets in the bomb zone. Your precious A-bomb should have been dropped over the imperial palace if you really wanted to just impress the Japanese military to surrender.

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts
Edokko, I'm just glad the bombs caused the war to end soon enough for your Dad to be spared what would have been a sad fate and that as a result you are with us today :)
Dawgs, you certainly have a point there ! My dad would have certainly not survived being a new officer in the field if he had graduated the officer's school, an I would'nt have been around tossing empty beer cans and bottles with you.

· Gold Bullet member
6,250 Posts
or is basing that conclusion on emotion.
Mike, you certainly have that right. My comments or criticism on the A-bomb being dropped specifically on civlian dense and fairly intact cities are indeed derived from pure emotion. Not only the A-bomb, but I have heard of the Tokyo firebombing horrors of agonizing death and the great grief in finding your family, friends or loved ones burnt to a black crisp directly from my grandparents and my parents, and that does indeed evoke "emotion".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.