Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
The rifle disk is considerably bigger than that meant for the revolver. Just out of curiosity...what's holding your grips on if that disk is missing?

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enfield No.2Mk1 Brass grip disk

So far I haven't found a piece of brass I can use. Haven't looked much with Christmas just past. The grips are held together with the bolt going in the right side grip and entering a threaded bushing in the left grip which seems odd. It looks like the threaded metal insert in the left grip belongs there but that would mean that when I get a disk for the right grip there will be threads to go through on both sides(?) Guess I'll just make something myself. Doesn't seem like a big job but you never know. Thanks

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
The screw should go left to right, with the threaded hole of the disk acting as the nut holding it all together. There should be a bushing in the left grip, but it shouldn't be threaded. Sounds almost as if someone got an oversized bolt/screw and cut some threads into the bushing on the left grip. If that's the case, you'll need a new screw too.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enfield Grip Mystery

They may have threaded the left side bushing and used a slightly oversized screw. Hard to tell. Guess I'll hit the gun shows and see what they are supposed to look like. It's amazing that a small problem like this can evolve into a big one. Too cold to spend much time at the range so this and reloading will keep me busy til spring. Thanks for your help.

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
Here are a few quick shots of my '43. The disk is steel, but it should all be the same...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.