Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend a gunsmith that specializes in Enfields?

I have a 1909 BSA with a rotten barrel, and by rotten, I mean on the outside... big time. The gun looked really nice on the outside when I bought it, but a couple months later when I tore it down, I was horrified to see serious rot under the woodline. I think the reciever is still safe, but the barrel is not, it probably would have been except somebody tried to smooth the pits with a grinder... while they were drunk.

Anyway, I managed to score a clean 1920 BSA barrel to replace the other. I just need somebody to put it on.

PS, my 1909 still has the mag cutoff and volley sites, which is why I'm goin to all this trouble.

·
Gold Bullet Member
334 Posts
Big Jim of Black River Gunsmithing, also a sponsor here, can do it. He put a barrel on a spare Enfield receiver I had. EDINOH.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello Youngsurplusnut,
Give Scott a ring if you choose to use him. He is backed up on the more detailed work but he may be able to squeese in a straight forward barrel change.... Now, If you ask him to change out the barrel and bed it to the stock and tweak this and that... you may scare him off :)

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's exactly what I asked him (plain jane barrel removal) when he told me it'd be at least a year. Can't hurt to ask, well other than distracting him from other stuff of course. ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
You can try Arnold at A&J Gunsmithing in Raytown MO. He is a master gunsmith. I've seen a restored Enfield he has done, it is emaculate. He is probably 1-2 months out. 816-358-5225 tell him Alan told you to give him a call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts