Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who wants to sell me a enfield 2a rifle for real cheap but the stock is waisted cracked all over chunks missing but all metal is great. I was wondering can a replacment stock be found and how much? Thank you. John

·
Registered
401 Posts
Any No1 timberwork will fit but if its the original then try Numrich they usually have them advertised there

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Numrich looks like they still have the Indian wood that they've been selling for a while, it'd be just the thing. All the various little bits might prove to be a problem if you're missing any. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find one buttplate screw for my 2A1.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stock set

I wanted to know if someone knew who had the 2a stocks. I have tried Numrich there is no listing that I can find. There has to be someone who has them. Thank you. John

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stock

jrhead75. Thank you for the information. I was wondering. What is different about the butt of the 2a conpared to the no1 mk3. John

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Different buttplate and a higher comb. The aft end of a 2A butt is flat rather than slightly curved like the No1 butt. Also... when I tried to remove the butt on my 2A1, my usual screwdriver was too short by quite a bit.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
2A wood

The inletting for the magazine in the forearm is slightly diffrent than the MkIII, but should not be a big issue to fix with a rasp or file.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts