Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought one? i see AIM has them for 230 bucks and was wondering how good do they shoot. i saw one at the funshow in jackson last weekend, the dealer told me his son-in law bought it in the mid 90's and was wanting to sell it for him, priced at 350, still with the cardboard box and red hang tag like century uses..... the box did not look 10 years old. i was tempted because i'd never seen one before. looked similar to a jungle carbine but had the aluminum buttplate, no rubber, dark, decent looking wood, and in 308. what's the scoop, have they been here 10 years or was he lying? got him down to 325 then walked away.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
too much recoil for something that has been professionally bubba'd, there by eliminating the historical value.

Personally I wouldn't buy one.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd like to know how they shoot. for 230 bucks, i'd buy one. even if you could'nt hit a deer, i bet you could scare the woodpeckers away.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have one of the Navy Arms conversions.It is a decent shooter,yielding 3"-4" groups with
Santa Barbara surplus ammo.Nothing has fallen off yet.
Clark

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have one. Fun gun...it is accurate as I am. Ejection is weak but positive. I have not shot it that much. Family problems have kept me from the range. For $230 I thought it
a good deal and I was never a boltgun type.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
Gibbs is simply an offshoot of Navy Arms. they bought the name but NOT the quality.

Calling it a No7 to sucker the newbies into believing it's the real thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts