Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,366 Posts
There've been two very old Rubber Guns come through the shop. One was a solid black and rather crudely molded M16 that I figure was for training purposes, perhaps obstacle courses.
The other was a fairly detailed Springfiel 03 that was either painted or molded in colors like a halloween mask. I figure that was for drill, maybe ROTC at a school where real guns weren't allowed or a military school. both seemed to have metal rods molded in to aproximate weight and balance, though not really even close.

I'd liked to have had the springfield in retrospect, I may know who owns it. Anyone got an idea what that rubber duck might be?

There are some resin cast Lee Enfield props available with working bolts. Expensive and probably fragile.
There are Airsoft Enfields with wooden furniture that are very expensive.

An air rifle trainer version of the Enfields would be a great gift for the kids and teach them basic skills they could carry over when old enough for there first full power rifles.
A 7/8 scale Jungle carbine would probably sell like hot cakes.

Little brother had a Crosman M1 Carbine thats still in the family.

Were there ever any air rifle trainers that mimiced the appearance of the Lee Enfields the way some European air rifle trainers did the mauser?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Made their Military pattern air rifle available to cadet and volunteer units in the early years of the 20th century. It was a BSA Standard underlever air rifle stocked up to resremble a MLE, IIRC there was also a shorter version available to more closely mimic the SMLE. They were even fitted with a dummy bolt handle. If you can find one, expect to pay in the region of £1000.
Webley's MkII air rifle was known as the "Service" air rifle apparently because some cadet/volunteer units bought them, although they were never officially supplied. The Webley was a very high quality rifle, but looked nothing like a service rifle.
I believe I've seen those Webley's before and some were for sale on a UK air rifle site. These had extra barrels for the most commonly available air rifle pellet sizes, which must have been very handy.
Looked like a very finely made rifle.

Thanks, I hadn't seen any of those stocked to look like the real deal. Be something to keep an eye out for.

PS
If you're interested in odd air rifle designs the Pneumatic tranquilizer dart gun used on the sci fi series "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" was built using an Enfield action and buttstock mated to a cast air valve arrangement that fitted into the magazine well with a high pressure cylinder mounted there.
It was probably a mock up, but I think I've figured out how to make something like that work using the front end of the cocking piece to act as the striker to tap the valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.