Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted on the old boards that I had picked up a M95 long rifle and that it looked good but now, I need the to shoot it! I've never fired an M95, so I'm working a bit in the dark here. I know that I need the clip to load it and that most of the Mil Surp out there for it is the old NAZI stuff, so here are my questions... First, where can I get a few clips? I do a fair bit of reloading and bought the brass and other goodies so I can feed it but am still missing the durn en bloc clips. Second, a local shop has a small tin of NAZI surplus ammo for sale. I'm can't remember how many rounds, but it's slighly smaller than a standard ammo box. He wants $125 for it and won't consider parting it out. I know that would get me the clips I need but it's kind of hard for me to swallow since that's $5 less than I got the whole rifle for in the first place.

So, is that a good price on the ammo? (not a fair question since I don't know how many rounds, I know) and where be them clips?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,031 Posts
I haven't seen the ammo cheaper than $4 per box (i.e. $0.40 per round) - I mean the recent gun shows I attended. On-line may be cheaper, but I don't know which dealer still has it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ammo

There's a guy on gunbroker.com that sells fresh made ammo for around $16.50 a box.I've bought some 7.7 Jap from him before and it was top quality. Look for 8x56r or mrnambu and you'll find him. Here is a link hopefully.

don't think you can click on it but you can cut and paste

Sorry, guys. I know your intent is noble, but the rules are no posting of active actions. Please, send the guy a PM.

Thank you for the understanding.

Nick

·
Registered
279 Posts
suspicious

Hey Matt777, since the old postings went away are you the one who said they ordered some of that ammo from SOG over the phone? If so, let me know IF it arrives. I ordered 10 boxes (100 rds) via the Internet and received a message about a week later saying they couldn't fill ANY 8X56 orders due to the fact they were completely out of stock. I'm suspicious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Sargeast,
Yes that was me on the old boards who ordered the 8x56R over the phone. The ammo did arrive. Looks like you have to call in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts