Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
The phenomenon of which you speak is called the economy and the great prices these carbines currently fetch, bringing them out of the cabinet. This will last for a short time,, and then they will dry up for a considerable time period.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,913 Posts
Yep, akb, just the same as a lot of Military Rifles and Carbines are doing today. I just did two days ago the same with a non-refurb Russian 1954 Izhevsk SKS. The prices are so high right now that I was able to take a very hefty profit on a Carbine I only owned for 1 year! Being retired, I could not pass up the opportunity to do so. Money talks and BS walks many times.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No need to wait.

It is already here in the black gun world.

I asked Microbest (the company that builds just about everyone's bolts for the AR-15, M-16, M-4, etc.) what the lead time was on bolts. I was told mid-2013.

Current manufacturers like LMT and Larue are already 4-6 months back-ordered, by their own admission. And they are inclined to be rather optimistic, I have noted in the past.

Ammo is being hit, too. ASYM, our source for precision ammo for testing, simply can't get components. Prices are climbing like ... 2008?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.