Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have a couple of Swedish Mausers that I absolutely enjoy shooting. I have an FSR M96 with Elit target sights. The front sight insert is a globe type. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a post type sight insert? I prefer the post front sights over the globe sight.

Thanks

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,683 Posts
Welcome to the Forum . First of all , you need to know what type front sight you have ? An Elit front sight has a 9 m/m wide tab at the bottom . A number of other front sights have two tabs at the 3:00 o'clock and 9:00 o'clock position . These come in different diameters . You can contact our moderator , " Fson " , in Sweden . He may have what you need ?

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
Elit front sight, Fson is your guy. Posts come in 2 heights and several widths. If you're hitting on target with that one you'll need a standard height post, if you're hitting high you need a tall post.

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Thanks for the tip, here's a picture.

The numbers at the bottom of the insert reads 38 12 if that means anything.

View attachment 3761461
38-12 means;
The diameter of the hole in the inner ring in mm, 3,8 mm
12 are the goods width of the inner ring in mm, 1,2 mm

I have a lot of nos inserts, mostly the ring-type because this was mostly used by range shooting in Sweden.
But there are a small number of the post type too.

Send me a PM if you want further info.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
hi, M96. welcome from another Canuck. the board process works like this; new members need to have a certain number of posts made and probably a 2 or 3 week time period b4 you are allowed to pm other members. just rules that in effect. Fson posts regularly, so just discuss what you need on this page. nothing wrong in that. cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.