Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this one at SOS in Louisville this year. Has anybody seen these marks on another revolver or anyother firearm?

It is an Imperial pre 1916 revolver and has had the front sight replaced, but not the barrel. It was originally a single action and still has a single action hammer block. I've just never seen elephants on a Nagant before!
Joe

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Wow, now that is really cool! Bears, elephants and eagles! Oh my!

Best I could come up with finding something else with an elephant stamped on it was at what looks like a big game hunting forum. 9th pic down in the link has an elephant stamped. Doesn't look the same. Surely this revolver is not an 'elephant pistol' so that's probably not why it's there haha! Was wondering if it could be some kind of Eastern Indian stamp, but it's hard to say. The letters stamped look like COHn or something similar, but not seemingly stamped in the right way and shape. Never seen that before right now.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=233241&Main=231050

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Russia is a Motherland of Elephants(Россия,- Родина Слонов).
Maybe it's fake.. Someone made a jock?

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
to me that lettering looks Thai / Siamese?
That's the first thing that I thought of....looks like they scrubbed the original arsenal marking and restamped to suit them. That's sure an oddity, though...and worth having.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,085 Posts
The markings suggest the work of illiterate craftsmen in the northern Pakistan/Afganistan area. I suspect the strange characters don't spell out anyting in any known language. The elephant may have been stamped in to suggest the work of Greener or maybe the trade mark of some other gunmaker or workshop. It's a really cool old revolver, with plenty of history. I hope you bought it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Siberian Mammoth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.