Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
came into the local shop. The first..one of the nicest SAFN-49 Egyptian contracts I have seen. Has one of the hardwood butt stocks with the brass butt plate. SN# 18799 and it is matching numbers. I thought the bore was bad but two passes with a patch proved me wrong..nice and shiny! It is a Century St. Albans import but has the Egyptian crown crest on the receiver. SNagged.

The second is a Rasheed. Everything is original including those brass keeper wires on the screws. I thought the bore was iffy..which would not be the norm in my experience..but it had some cosmo residue and looks like new. Snag pending.

The third is a three digit SN# Hakim. Very good condition..stock is original finish and not dinged up. It is missing the bumper on the deflector. The bore surprised me..it is like a mirror. Snag pending.

· Copper Bullet member
4,870 Posts
Great find and perfect triple header! The whole Egyptian collection, sans Maadi, in one swoop!
With the scarcity and prices of Rasheeds these days ... don't delay!

· Registered
1,466 Posts
Location of trio

Nice Hakims are not on every corner. The ones that don't have beat up wood especially. I can see where the rasheed would be handy and popular. (They seem to be highly sought after.) I'm a big fan of the 8mm round because it is a effective and efficient cartridge that can do it all. Also the design of the hakim is a marvel to me and advanced for the time. Garands have a ton of moving parts in comparison. The swedes had a big hit with the Lungman IMO. Sunfish

· Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
3,861 Posts
I thought you had all of those rifles...? Are these duplicates now or are you replacing what you have with these better rifles?

· Platinum Bullet member
3,469 Posts
Great finds, especially the Rasheed. Although I love the FN-49 rifles they are somewhat common (but not in excellent condition) the Rasheed is the rarer of the three. I saw two for sale this weekend at the Phoenix show. Both were priced over $800.

· Registered
596 Posts
Rasheed is the rarer of the three. I saw two for sale this weekend at the Phoenix show. Both were priced over $800.
I had been hunting for Rasheeds for awhile at the shows and had turned up zip. Two weeks ago I hit the Dixie Gun Show in Raleigh and saw three in the space of 15 minutes, prices ranged from $600-800.

· Registered
51 Posts
I had been hunting for Rasheeds for awhile at the shows and had turned up zip. Two weeks ago I hit the Dixie Gun Show in Raleigh and saw three in the space of 15 minutes, prices ranged from $600-800.
I snagged mine for $520, but I need to replace the recoil and mag spring before I fire it. Cool rifle.

Did the ones at the gun shows have the original bayo attached?

· Registered
596 Posts
Yep,
They had bayos. One had it's stock refinished. I beleive this was the most expensive one, seller asking about $800...

· Platinum Bullet Member
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Egyptian triple play is complete... FN-49,Rasheed and Hakim. I might still swing for a Maadi and a Helwan..if I can find an early Helwan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.