Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just happened across an Egyptian SAFN M49 at the local gun shop. Metal condition is VG+ (85-90%). Wood condition is excellant and dark walnut. Butt plate is brass, also has the brass plate in the stock on the right side. Egyptian Crest is on the chamber. It has a flash suppresor on the muzzle...this I have never seen on the 7MM and .30-06 versions. Price was right at $450 OTD.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,408 Posts
Egyptians 8mm rifles did not have a flash hider, so it's had that added. The only FN-49's which had the original flash hider were the Venezuelan 7mm rifles. If the bore of the rifle you are refering to is good, that is a great price.

The flash hider is not a big deal unless it's been welded on. Just unscrew it and find a thread protector. Or just shoot it as is.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Egyptians 8mm rifles did not have a flash hider, so it's had that added. The only FN-49's which had the original flash hider were the Venezuelan 7mm rifles. If the bore of the rifle you are refering to is good, that is a great price.

The flash hider is not a big deal unless it's been welded on. Just unscrew it and find a thread protector. Or just shoot it as is.
The bore was dark at the gunshop, but I could see rifling. Ran a .30 cal brass bore brush down the barrel twice. Followed that with a couple of oily patches. Now the bore shines like new.

No evidence that the flash suppresser is welded on. Will see later if I can get it to come off. Not a big deal now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Does the FH look like the one on a G3/HK91 or a CETME? If so it should unscrew to the left as it is threaded 15mm x 1.0 RH. This is a common modification.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the FH look like the one on a G3/HK91 or a CETME? If so it should unscrew to the left as it is threaded 15mm x 1.0 RH. This is a common modification.

Thanks for the information. Will check them out before I try to take it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts