Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Any one got any info on this rifle? I am trying to find out what scope they fitted.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I will give them credit for coming up a intergrated cheek rest........on russian sniper it's a chin to stock weld

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
The rail looks similar to the Swedish M41 mount. As the Sweeds were in Egypt to manufacture the Hakim there is a strong possibility this rail would fit a Swedish side rail scope mount.

Very interesting. Where is the rifle located?

Here is a photo of a reproduction side rail and mount.

·
Registered
877 Posts
It is a very interesting and nice rifle. Egypt had an arms deal with Czecho-Slovakia and huge quantities military items were supplied to the Egyptian army. I thing that this Meopta 3x scope would fit on this rifle just fine (what is the distance between two groves on the scope base?). I saw the same scope on Egyptian FN 49 sniper.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Rusnak Meopta did supply the scopes for the Egyptian FN-49 snipers. But the correct scope for the Egyptian FN-49 sniper rifle is different from the one you have pictured. The correct scope is a 2.5 power scope.

Here are a few photo of the proper scope for an Egyptian FN-49 sniper.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Rusnak Meopta did supply the scopes for the Egyptian FN-49 snipers. But the correct scope for the Egyptian FN-49 sniper rifle is different from the one you have pictured. The correct scope is a 2.5 power scope.

Here are a few photo of the proper scope for an Egyptian FN-49 sniper.
My misteake.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Yes it does look like the ZG51. The rail is set up for what we believe to be a night vision scope of some kind.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
I just realized that this rifle looks just like ZG51. Here is a picture from russian-mosin-nagant.com
That must be the ultra rare left handed version...

Looks like you could fit a PU mount to the base on the Egyptian rifle.

Tim

·
Registered
877 Posts
That must be the ultra rare left handed version...

Looks like you could fit a PU mount to the base on the Egyptian rifle.

Tim
It is most likely a rotated image. PU was probably on this rifle until it was replaced with something else.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A friend sent me this any more idea or a better picture of the scope bracket marking I lost the race in the auction on this one.
Paul

1. A Lebanese colleague has translated the Arabic markings on the rifle.
Although the 'Crest' looks Egyptian to me, he asks if you can get a
better/closer image? The rifle is marked 'Riyadh' to the left of the crest
- which does not make a lot of sense at first sight, any further info on
the use of the captical city of Saudi Arabia as a rifle name?

·
Registered
413 Posts
What a nice find! Congratulations.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Always wondered about two pictures of Egyptian soldiers I've seen during the 1973 war. In both pictures - one soldier appears to be holding a sporting type bolt action rifle. Unfortunately in both pictires the action, and wether a scope is mounted, is blocked. Found one of the pictures so far - still looking for second one. Sorry picture is blurry - best I could do. Look at rifle held by third soldier from right side. Front sling attachment point looks right too. His two companions clearly hold AKs.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Egyptian sniper

If you look closely they made an adapter to fit the original PU scope base for a more modern scope/mount.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts