Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of this waaay back in 94. Seems like a good time to use it or sell it. It is in 36 Round "cartons" sealed and with plenty of "writing" that I cannot read. I have fired it and it distinctly goes "bang" and rings the armor plate plenty sharp, much "louder" than my IMI 115gr JHP. MY QUESTIONS ARE : What Grain of bullet and is it corrosive. Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just posted to another thread and it is VERY corrosive, like clean your gun that day or at the range. Primers are finicky and are hard, I think this stuff was designed mainly for their sub-gun, thus 36 rounds. Bullets are 115 and pulled mine and used them to reload. 1/3 gunpowder, 1/3 Drano, 1/3 mummy dust. Clean down to the firing pin!

·
Copper Bullet member
8,954 Posts
Definitely corrosive, and I don't recall the bullet weight. I always found it to be pretty crappy ammo. If I had any I would sell it.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Great blasting ammo. Use it my subguns and it functions just fine. Ammo is corrosive and dirty but for the few cents a round I paid for it, the good cleaning the gun requires is worth the cost of the ammo.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I ran a lot of it through subguns as others noted and it worked great. The last time I got any out I found the primers were dying just like the 8mm egyptian ammo. Nothing lasts forever.
Yes its corrosive but cleaning is easy. No its not good for pistols, the primers are quite hard as it was meant for the port said subgun. That was a copy made under license of the Swedish K subgun. They were and are an excellent subbie.

Frank

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I think those Egyptian primers are just like their 8mm primers. Not “hard” just old and crappy. I shot a lot of the 9mm in a Hi-power when it was first imported..all shot fine. Now? No joy. I bet Helwans shot it ok until it was surplused, or until they broke.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,496 Posts
I ran a pile thru a Mac I had back in the day,
it ran fine,

it was dirty, corrosive, and from what I remember , smokey and stinky

I remember dumping a few mags and having to move over to see around the smoke cloud once or twice

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Lasty Feb. I went through about 500 rds. of the Egyptian 9mm with no misfired or problems. It was shot in MP38/42 and Erma EMP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts