Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took three 9mm 1911s to the range just to put some more rounds through them (none would qualify as fully broken-in yet). I'll move to running some SD rounds through them soon and once I'm satisfied with reliability, I'll begin carrying them occasionally.

It was a pleasant 80 degrees and I shot S&B 115gr LRN. Stood at 30' and shot one-handed bullseye style

-Wilson Combat 4" barrel EDC X9 15+1
-Ed Brown 4.25" FX2 w/RMRcc (green dot)
-Dan Wesson 4" ECP (sporting new stag grips from Mike at MDgrips in Tennessee)

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

All three of these made-in-usa guns have excellent triggers (Wilson Combat made in Arkansas, Ed Brown made in Missouri, Dan Wesson made in New York)

The Ed Brown with the dot sight is easiest for me to shoot... I can pick up the dot easily as I push it out in front of my right eye...and keep both eyes open (I'm a right hand shooter who is left eye dominant... With poor vision in that left dominant eye!)

Rectangle Grass Wood Plant Shade

I could not discern any accuracy difference between the three with just the few shots (Maybe 25) I ran through each

All three fit nicely in my kydex IWB (from Concealment Express) and leather OWB (from 1791 gun leather) holsters

Owb shown below

Bag Luggage and bags Beige Font Personal protective equipment

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
Nice..guns…
is not Dan Wesson made in Philippines…any more?<><

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
ambidextrous...I've switch to the strongest that day range.
carry right eyed handed acuity..

Reactions: LibertyKeeper

·
Registered
408 Posts
Only use Wilson Combat. The quality is unsurpassed and I can't shoot any better with anything else. I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through my Wilson AR-15s and 1911s. They are rather stiff investments but well worth every penny.

No disrespect on the other pistols.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
i have gold cup national match done over outside checkering inside barrel al>l by Wilson group in late 70's?
<><

Reactions: LibertyKeeper
1 - 7 of 7 Posts