Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
Actually, I'm suprised it didn't go for even more. These pouches and original lanyards are hardly ever seen any more. Good thing I didn't see it! Like Mike says "I'm broke and I blame Imperial Japan"!

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,363 Posts
The fact that I don't dig on pistol stuff is a saving grace. Had this been a rifle item and I was properly funded, I would have dropped the dough too

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
The fact that I don't dig on pistol stuff is a saving grace. Had this been a rifle item and I was properly funded, I would have dropped the dough too
Yeah, the pistol stuff does get into big bucks. That's why I decided to go with a cross-section of 8 pistols - a T-26, a Baby, a Papa, three T-14s and two T-94s. Keeps it under control & still provides more flavor to the collection.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
I had one of these in a tad better condition... it brought $603 on Ebay last year when I needed $$ for a purchase.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,363 Posts
My sole remaining pistol, that isn't spoken for, is a matching 18.3 dated type 94, nothing special. I am not sure if I will sell it or not. kinda nice having a token pistol to shoot on occasion, but the necessary scramble for the brass is a turn off.

·
Diamond Member
878 Posts
These pouches have always been rare. I've only found two on my own in almost 40 years of collecting Japanese pistols. I expected the price to go a little higher than the $465 realized, so I guess the buyer got a "deal" (if you can call it that). I still rue the day that, many years ago, I let one of these pouches go with a T94 rig sale; I should have kept it. It is water under the bridge and a lesson learned.

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
These pouches have always been rare. I've only found two on my own in almost 40 years of collecting Japanese pistols. I expected the price to go a little higher than the $465 realized, so I guess the buyer got a "deal" (if you can call it that). I still rue the day that, many years ago, I let one of these pouches go with a T94 rig sale; I should have kept it. It is water under the bridge and a lesson learned.
You said it! I've had two nice ones in the past - one I got from Harry Derby. The one I have now is not nearly as nice & I've been fighting the mildew on it with no sucess. I keep it separate from my other leather stuff.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
As Adogs has pointed out, really not a bad price considering everythingl. I have a couple of other deals working right now or I would have made a try for it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
arisakadogs;2288 The one I have now is not nearly as nice & I've been fighting the mildew on it with no sucess. I keep it separate from my other leather stuff.[/QUOTE said:
Ah...the never ending battle against neatsfoot oil. Too bad so many nice leather items have been ruined by that crap and other crappy products. Jon

·
Registered
477 Posts
What does mildew look like? Is it the white, chalky stuff that sometimes pops up on leather that sits a lot?

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
Ah...the never ending battle against neatsfoot oil. Too bad so many nice leather items have been ruined by that crap and other crappy products. Jon
10-4 Jon, this thing was oozing that damn oil when I got it. Only good thing was it was part of a package with an original lanyard and a T-94 holster that I got for cheap.

Nag 10, that's the stuff! Yuck!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Adogs,
That mildew is insidious. Once it gets started it is hard to kill.

Not recommending, but wondering if a quick 'pasteurization in the microwave would kill it?
Or some judicious application of bleach, followed by drying with paper.

You can always store it in the freezer to prevent growth.

You could try these ideas on some item of lesser or no value and report back.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Mike,
I am looking for a type 94 to add to my collection as I have yet to find one that I like. If you want to cut it loose let me know and you could bring it to Allentown.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive got an original T-38 sling with Kanji on it that apparently is getting mildew. I have never treated it with anything (that I can remember). I used to use Blackrock and don't remember any mildew problems with it. I ran out of it a long time ago though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts