Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You can ignore the web slings in the pictures. I think the leather ones are DDR? I bought them to use on my Eastie refurb k98 and G43 which I'm sure they used these on as well as the MP44. But I think they were used on the SKS as well?

In the last picture, the bottom is wartime German, second up is postwar Austrian and the ones I believe to be East German are third and fourth up. Notice that the tooling is different between the two and the dressing is a different color as well. They are completely unmarked. You can ignore the coiled sling with buckle in the third picture as well and the keeper beside the coiled Eastie.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cross hatched ones are the same width as a WWII sling.... approx. 24 mm or .900 inch. My understanding has always been that they used these on MP44's, K98's and G43's. I assumed that they were used on the SKS as well. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't make the slot in an SKS stock the same as the others in order to keep a standard one size fits all sling. But then again, the Germans didn't always do things that made sense. I didn't measure the other type before I put them away but I'm pretty sure they were the same width.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.