Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1937 all tula stamped tt33, well worn but I like some that way. My issue is the grips dont have the same style of cccp on them. Can one of you more knowldgeable of these pistols tell which is the correct one for this year? Thanks for your input.

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,497 Posts
FIRST I APOLOGIZE FOR MY INEPT COMPUTER SKILLS. Others will be able to simply paste the link directly. I have to explain how to find it.
I direct you to a russian language site called 'historypistols.ru'. Google translates it to english. It is an encyclopedia of firearms information.Within the tons of information there is a section that you can find by first going to site information consisting of 8 pages . On page 5 there is a link to the story of the TT pistol.Once there, at the bottom of that page there is a further link to a blog 'tt pistol model 1930..modifications and variations.' Within that site are all the variations of every single difference by year for the tt30 and tt-33. Super detail. Within that site you will find the variations of grips by year.
That said, there are grip variations that are not listed !. Your grip on the right side is not listed. ( the grip on the left side is correct) .If it were rotated 90 degrees it would be for an earlier TT. That does not mean it is a repo. Simply during production some variation within production occurred. For example I have and have seen one other 1942 with serrated wood grips instead of checkered. They are not shown on the ru site.
Otherwise, This site in total is incredible. I hate to share it in one way, as anyone can become an expert from the information. LOL.
Truly every collector should take a look and all will learn a great deal.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.