Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
That did go pretty cheap, but I'd suspect that it would have brought more, in my opinion, if it had its original stock and had not been restocked.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
I was just about to drool and jump all over that one when I thought it was a 91/24 for under $300!!

Nice rifle all the same.

T

By the way, a little birdie turned this seller on to mosinnagant.net as well as Ted's site. ;)

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
It wasn't refinished. Just restocked. Two different things.

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,736 Posts
Re: restocked

It wasn't refinished. Just restocked. Two different things.
The third photo down, that stock looks too smooth to be a simple restock to me. Just my opinion, but it looks sanded and refinished. I've got a 1940 Tikka M.91 in a refinished stock done with 1/3 pine tar mix by Zampilot and it looks almost identical. Gorgeous wood, but a refinish job nonetheless.

Not trying to argue, just posting an observation. If it's a simple restock it's got nice wood. On some of the restocked rifles I've seen, the grain is raised and the wood appears almost unfinished, not smooth like those photos show. But my experience with restocked Finn's is somewhat limited. Personally I don't like the look of the new stocks, and I sold the 1941 Tikka M.91 I bought from AIM less than 6 months after I got it.

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
It doesn't look refinished to me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i almost bought that one but money is tight since my wife just had 2 surgeries. i already have an early tikka....speaking of which i don't have pics of yet. guess i should take some and post them.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,316 Posts
N10Sivern... yes, you do have a nice 1926 Tikka, don't you?! [;)]

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
That was a great grab for someone. The early Tikka's are really hard to find any more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts