Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,029 Posts
You made a wise choice. I take that and the Type 38 book to every show I do to. It's easier than trying to remember every little detail about a series. That's how I knew to buy the nice rope hole 27th series I picked up in Syracuse this weekend, haha!

Unlike with my Mosin collecting, it's nice to have some books in English on the topic of Arisakas.

· Registered
3,029 Posts
So you also collect Mosins. I have been down sizing my Mosin collection by trading them off for Type 99's.
Mostly Spanish Civil War Mosin Nagants, but in the last 2 years it's become increasingly hard to find interesting Mosins in the wild. However, auctions and gunshows have given me a plethora of Arisaka variants. I went from having a single Type 99 last July to nearly 14 Arisaka variants in less than a year, all for relatively good prices and always in above average shape. I prefer finding my purchases locally for the most part, it's just more fun that way I feel. No real excitement going on Gunbroker looking for the next buy, at least more me in this early stage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.