Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
21,039 Posts
That's a lot of work Mr. CR. And the logic follows quite well.

We have a lot to be thankful for the flood of Chinese guns from Albania over the past couple of years. Without them, the data would have been much more difficult to compile.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't believe the first blocks of "Sino Soviet" rifles were a test, they were under direct supervision of engineers & some management that accompanied the shipment of the Tula assembly line, hence the soviet 'style' of serial "block" markings. Once the Chinese realized that their brothers in the struggle were not willing to readily sharing the Kalashnikov design, a divorce of sorts occurred & China threw out the Soviets. By 1956, the Chinese were "doing it" their own way & had not decided on marking requirements/system.
By 1957, Jianshe had made decisions to produce the SKS as well as producing the Type 56 Kalashnikov(at this point the Soviets had finalized there preferred production of the Kalashnikov, the Type 2. Joke being on China, the AKM began mass production in 1959).

I am not an expert, but read alot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a lot of work Mr. CR. And the logic follows quite well.

We have a lot to be thankful for the flood of Chinese guns from Albania over the past couple of years. Without them, the data would have been much more difficult to compile.
I completely agree.... lots of data being recorded etc in regards to these early variants starting with the 2012 Century batch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.