Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in the 18,000 SN# range. Original finish, slotted for stock, early tangent sight. It had quite a few proofs but I need to return and see if they were military.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,730 Posts
Sounds interesting. Mine is 50K range, supposed to be post war.

Tiny little fixed sights, not slotted for stock. Checkered walnut grips. I like it, especially since i took the magazine safety out - vastly improved the trigger.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,476 Posts
This was in the 18,000 SN# range. Original finish, slotted for stock, early tangent sight. It had quite a few proofs but I need to return and see if they were military.
Sounds like it has lots of potential. cpw is the man on these. He will know quickly what you are looking at. Good luck.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it has lots of potential. cpw is the man on these. He will know quickly what you are looking at. Good luck.
Thanks Mike. I know that the Belgian military acceptance proofs are an H in a circle/oval. I think this one might be first year production and cpw has info on serial number ranges.

·
45,544 Posts
According to Vanderlinden, "Army contract pistol 21631 was manufactured on 12/2/1938 and shipped to the state aresenal."

"Serial number is also applied under the grip unique to Belgian military contracts."

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,812 Posts
It should have the "H" in a circle as the military acceptance mark. Later, the "H" in a circle was changed to a "C" in a hexagon, and then to "C" in a square.

The "H" in a circle is, by far, the most common of the three.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,812 Posts
Also if there are numerous markings , then it is most likely it went to the military. The military markings would have been added after the commercial markings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts