Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you gents might enjoy some pictures of some of my less common Japanese Rifles:

1. Type 22 Murata (complete with all bolt and magazine parts)

2. Type 30 Carbine

3. Type 35 Naval Rifle

4. Siamese Arisaka with Chakra in 8x52 mm Siamese

Regards,

Marzon

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
D'oh! I of course meant type 30 carbine. I had alot of trouble posting pictures and missed that typo!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,655 Posts
D'oh! I of course meant type 30 carbine. I had alot of trouble posting pictures and missed that typo!
You can go back to your post and edit it.

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Typo's fixed.

Albacore, is the bayonet for the Siamese the same as the regular Siamese Mausers?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,662 Posts
Typo's fixed.

Albacore, is the bayonet for the Siamese the same as the regular Siamese Mausers?
No it is not the same as the one used on the Siamese/Thai Type 46 'Mauser'
The Siamese/Thai Type 66 (which is the model designation of your rifle) uses its own unique bayonet.
I got one from Frank Allen for mine :)
I plan on using mine this year to hunt deer with.
Patrick

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
The bayonet will look like a short version of the Type-30 bayonet. They come in a few different variations: bright blades, parkerized blades, arabic or Siamese numbers on the pommel, screws or washers in the grips. I'll include a photo, it's the third from the bottom.

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the photo. Now I know what to look for. (Actually I found one for sale but it would cost me more than the rifle did, so I am going to keep looking.) For that matter if anybody knows where to get a Type 22 bayonet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I would sure like to know about it!

Regards,

Marzon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts