Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures of an early 1941 dated Nagant. It is early because it has the same Acceptance Commission mark as the1940 dated revolvers. Later 1941s have the diamond 'ПИ' AC mark. I picked this one up at the last Tulsa show.

Side views of the 1941

The sideplate mark with its 5 feather crooked point arrow. One of the feathers is missing from the stamp.

Diamond 'AC' acceptance commission mark, like a late 1939 or 1940 dated revolver.

Disassembled

1941 dated Nagants have odd marks on the inside - a heart, a tombstone, a diamond or a hexagon filled with lines. This one has the heart marking on the frame and no mark on the side plate.
Joe

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All original and matched. No import stamps (I don't buy import marked revolvers unless really rare!)
Joe

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
3,850 Posts
Thanks for the good pictures, Joe...

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1941s are interesting. There are at least 5 different sideplate marks, 2 different acceptance commission marks and the 4 "funny" marks on the inside on the frame (found only on 1941s so far). I have managed to get 4 of the 5 sideplates and both of the AC marks.
Does any body have a late 1940 with the heart, tombstone, diamond or hex mark inside?
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.