Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Dutch Hembrug Mannlichers (6.5X53R) that are 1906 and 1918 Hembrug stamped on the receivers. The Battle sights start at 400 yards, and the front sights are too low. I would like to replace the original front sights with higher ones, to drop the point of impact. Please advise me on where to get new front sights or how to modify the ones that I have.:)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,441 Posts
Brownells sells a tall front sight insert for the various Mausers. You have to do some fitting with a file (file the sight insert, not the base on the rifle) and you may be able to adapt one of those to the Dutch Mannlicher. I have done this on Mausers and it works. I looked at my 1918 Hembrug Carbine. and the front sight seems similar to those on the Mausers. Or, you could use lead bullets and light loads, which will allow you to use your original sights, as the POI will change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I also have a nice Swede 6.5X55 and I found some really high front sights at SAMCO. I'm waiting for the Brownell Catalog that I ordered 2 weeks ago. I'll check the Swede and see if it's close to the Hembrug dovetail size front sight size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dutch mannlicher Front sight.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try Brownells, and also check my 6.5 Swede 96-38 carbine for dovetail size. I actually had to replace the swede front sight with the one that SAMCO sells for the Swede, and if Brownells doesn't have one then I'll try SAMCO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.