Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just bought a barreled action of a Dutch M95 carbine off the trader. Its made at Steyr in 1900. What numbers are there all match. I've immediately started looking for a stock and haven't had any luck. I was doing a bit of researcing and read that the action is essentially a modified gew88 action. So that got me thinking that I could maybe modify a gew 88 stock to work for the time being. Any thoughts? Also, where is a goce information?od source for referen

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
Gew 88 stock will not work for sure. You would need an original stock for a duplicator to make you a copy. Or if you are really lucky you may find an original stock with all the hardware.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice and information! It sounds like I'm going to have to buy a complete carbine and have the stock duplicated. Any idea of how much a nice carbine will run me? And the stock duplication?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Try Ebay.. use the search term "Dutch Mannlicher", I've seen a few parts on there recently. Are you just wanting a shooter or are you trying to restore it to military configuration? Either way be careful or you will have way more tied up in it than you would if you had purchased a good all matching one at a decent price.
Dan in Texas

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id like a shooter, but i want a nice example of a rifle and carbine when funds allow. Doc, I'm not sure which model it is. I can eliminate a few since it has a straight bolt and is made at Steyr in 1900, but I fear without the original stock Ill never know the specific model.

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
For a temporary handle so you can shoot it as bubbaed Carcano stock can be made to work.

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
The Carcano bubba stock will be sort of like a 90% to 95% inletted stock blank.
Align the rear trigger guard screw of the barrelled action with the same hole in the stock.
The material around the front guard screw and recoil lug will have to be changed a good bit.
The inletting for the trigger guard will need to be wider. Finally the tang will have to be inletted and the barrel will need fitted.

Where the interior of the stock does not support the recoil lug you will need to add a piece of hard wood or expoxy to keep the tang from splitting.

It is a good bit of work but it will provide a handle that allows you to shoot it.

Thanks for the info! What will have to be changed? I have a sporter stock from an M91/41 that I can use. Also, does anyone know of a good book on Dutch arms in general?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.