Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I don’t even need the clips as I have plenty already. I’ll take ammo alone or on clips if you’re not splitting them up.
Big question is we will wait to see. If it’s sure fire ammo or click bang. Or dud primers.
So price will vary greatly depending on this. I can still use them for the components if they are duds. Coming from humid Indonesia, I’m curious how they are.
They are Berdan primed and take some work to convert to Boxer for reloading. Another factor if they are duds. If they fire good and folks want to buy them that don’t reload, then that’s a one time shot.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm interested in some as well, interested to see how it shoots. 6.5 dutch surplus is all over the place as far as reliability. I have about 60 rounds of some pre WW2 that looks ratty but is sure fire every time. Bought a sealed box of loose couple years ago that looks excellent, all duds.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Disappointed I am.

I finally got all that Dutch ammo home and I picked out 5 clips in a somewhat random fashion, packed up a Dutch carbine and we headed for the cabin. We tried 3 clips and never once got a “fired first time” result. Most cartridges required 3 ‘hits’ to go off and some only 2 with yet others never firing. We ended up with only 7 of 15 fired before abandoning this experiment. Interesting to note is that the headstamps don’t show any sort of pattern, i.e.: this one fires and this one doesn’t. I pulled one apart in order to measure the bullets. It showed what I believe is a small bit of charred powder so I seem to be getting at least some spark. The end result is: While the ammo and clips look great they apparently have suffered over the years.

For those who may still be interested, I will soon put an ad in the Trader with a price which hopefully reflects the performance of the ammo. Need to take some photos first.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The different headstamps probably indicate that it was loaded at an arsenal in the Dutch Indies. Sounds like it's only good as collector ammo but still worth something.
Dan

21 - 31 of 31 Posts