Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local shop got one in, WASR10/63, with good straight sights & no cant, excellent fit & finish, and feels very solidly built. The one thing I don't like is the scope base on the left of the receiver, I mean come on people it's a freakin AK not a sniper rifle :confused: :rolleyes:....
They're asking $500 but I think I can talk them into making me some kind of deal, at the least they might eat the tax on it.
Will I survive if I cough up $500 for a WASR? :eek:

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
sounds like a deal to me, especially if it's got 2 or 3 mags with it. nothing wrong with the scope mount, nice for mounting a red dot if nothing else. don't knock it till you try it. :D this is a NEW WASR you're talking about, right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya ya, no more bashin....I actually have'nt fired one so I really would'nt know.
One thing I don't understand though, why does the factory waste time installing the scope mount when they can't take the time to put the mag 'dimples' into the receiver? I honestly may have had several WASR's by now if only they had the dimples, it just bugs me for some reason...

P.S.- yes, it's a new WASR hahaha

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,130 Posts
dumb question, especially for a guy who owns a WASR, but how do you know if you have canted sights? Are they just crooked? Front or rear?

G

·
If they look crooked somethings canted. I have had front ,rears and gas blocks all canted on a WASR and a Romanian RPK . Just look down the barrel if all looks semetrical . If it does its OK .

G

·
Ya ya, no more bashin....I actually have'nt fired one so I really would'nt know.
One thing I don't understand though, why does the factory waste time installing the scope mount when they can't take the time to put the mag 'dimples' into the receiver? I honestly may have had several WASR's by now if only they had the dimples, it just bugs me for some reason...

P.S.- yes, it's a new WASR hahaha
You get old enough youl appreciate any scope . LOL . Some ak's are good enough to scope .Plus the romanians do have night vision optics,red dots , excetra they use on their own rifles . Kind of a common practice to install the rail so the option is available to use accesories. .

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,410 Posts
Whenever something stupid comes up.

Just remember 2 things.
CAI and Drunk Romanians.

WASR10s are good rifles to start out on. $500 is not to bad considering the current panic.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
i thought no dimples because they start life as a singlestack.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,086 Posts
You get old enough youl appreciate any scope . LOL . Some ak's are good enough to scope .Plus the romanians do have night vision optics,red dots , excetra they use on their own rifles . Kind of a common practice to install the rail so the option is available to use accesories. .
Plus one on the old eyes! Never were that good- bifocals at age 8. And just to make it more fun, right handed with left dominate eye.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Local shop got one in, WASR10/63, with good straight sights & no cant, excellent fit & finish, and feels very solidly built. The one thing I don't like is the scope base on the left of the receiver, I mean come on people it's a freakin AK not a sniper rifle :confused: :rolleyes:....
They're asking $500 but I think I can talk them into making me some kind of deal, at the least they might eat the tax on it.
Will I survive if I cough up $500 for a WASR? :eek:
Yes, you will survive! They are much better made as of 2008. Apparently made from surplus military rifles now. I looked at many examples before buying mine back in September and they all have the arsenal marking of the arrow in the triangle, year of production, and serial number on the trunnion now. Mine has a date of 1966. The serial number matches on all major parts, to include the correct flatsided bolt carrier and bolt. The machining is much better. These appear now to all be built from non-G kits. I guess instead of sending cut barrel kits here, they are just using them to build the new GP WASR 10/63s. Mine was shooter right out of the box. It was destroying those orange clay pidgeons scattered on the hillside backstop of our 100 yard range, and this with no sight adjustment! I own high end AKs, and this one is one of the most accurate AKs I have fired. Needless to say, it got a lot of attention at the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts