Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new rifle out today(the top one) and put some rounds threw it. It shot great but when I was getting ready to leave my dad pointed out that my cleaning rod came loose. I looked down and noticed the whole front of my stock was loose. So how common are duffle cuts? Natural material Wood Tool Antique tool Metal

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Just like on German rifles. Occasionally you run into a duffel cut type 99. Without any indication of a cut. There is no way to know for sure which one is or isn't cut.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'd say true duffle cut Japanese rifles aren't as frequently seen as German rifles. Maybe that's because there was pretty much a one man, one rifle policy on bring backs from the PTO at the end of the war, so there was no need to squirrel them away in gear. Of course, some people confuse the two-piece substitute standard stock forends as being duffle cut.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Well I’ll probably never sell it so I think i’ll just let it be. For 700$ I think I still got a fair deal.
I well recall the days when my store would only allow 10/15$ on Japanese rifles for trade in and being genuinely worried about the two or three dozen that were constantly stacked in a corner of the basement. Couldn't sell them for 15/20$. Finally found a "sucker" that wanted to trade me decent Winchester 1894 rifle with a few special order features (that he knew nothing about) for the whole pile straight up. Plus my 800+ mile round trip to the middle of nowhere Iowa.
Question is, who's laughing now??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.