Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Romanian Dragunov sniper rifles. Does anyone have a good site for information or any information about them they would like to share?
Also will these rifles hold their value if they are pieced together with non-matching codes?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Welcome to the Boards! Try www.sniperparadise.com as well.

I hate to say this, tho. I have 1 PSL that I plan to keep and have owned 3 others with their various scopes and accessories. They are not Dragunovs, they are PSLs. A Dragunov is designated as SVD and is a completely differently designed weapon. The SVD/Dragunov has a fire control group that is removed as an assembly, for instance. the PSL is actually an AK-type action that is longer in the middle portion of the receiver to accomodate a cartridge that has a case 15 mm longer. There are many other differences, as well.

Sorry, Duder. A PSL is simply not an SVD, and will never command the price of the SVD. I have shot both with many different types of ammo. I personally will not ever spend the money for an SVD. It is not that much better to go from a $600 rifle to a $6500 rifle. I'll keep my $600 PSL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts