Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this Dreyse M1907 in 7.65 at the Nations show in Chantilly, VA. this past weekend. Paid a little over $100 for it so I think I did ok. The condition looks to be pretty good, no major pitting/rust anywhere and everything seems to function correctly. Only issue it seems is the wood grips which I don't think are original, but they seem to be rather old.

From the little research that I've done on it I believe that it is Imperial German military marked judging from the marking at the top right side of the ejection port. Is this correct?

If so, how many of these went to the German Army during WW1? Are they uncommon compared to regular pistols?

If everything looks to be mechanically sound, is there anything that should dissuade me from shooting it, and is there any safety issues with these pistols? Is there any kind of ammo I should/should not shoot in it? I have some PPU .32 I would shoot in it.

I apologize for the crappy photos, they made parts of the finish/markings look uneven or dull

Feel free to throw in any other opinions or information

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
That looks to be one of the three different military marks. I cannot tell from the photo which one but it should be either a R , D or a M with a crown over it. About 80,000 of the 250,000 went to the Military. The grips look like replacements per my book. I would say a very good deal for the price.

Have Fun,

Kevin

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I can't completely tell if the marking is a D or M but looking at it closely I believe it to be a D.

I've read that there is a pin that can come loose when firing these kinds of pistols that makes the gun fall apart. How do I check to make sure this won't happen? Just look if anything seems loose? It all seems to be tight to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts