Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good source and approximtate prices for these books? I've tried Amazon, but had no luck.

Not that I read German or Finnish at all, but I'm sure the photos would be good to see.

Makes me wonder if either of the authors have considered having these books published in English...

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Drei Linien Volume 1 is out of print, just Volume 2 is still availiable. Look for the website of the DWJ (Deutsches Waffenjournal) and there the shop and you will find it.

Occasionally volume 1 appears on the German auction house egun.de , but the prices for it are pretty high, much higher than original prices.

Yes I considered to publish an English version, but my publisher thought it would be too expensive, sorry.

Regards

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
If you can find the 3 volume Finnish set it runs about $300 or more. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Mac
You should have your set soon..... I hope.

The Finn books are hard to find and I think closer to $350 when they do show up. I doubt this appears in English as it is three volumes - a bit hard and costly to translate.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Mac
You should have your set soon..... I hope.

The Finn books are hard to find and I think closer to $350 when they do show up. I doubt this appears in English as it is three volumes - a bit hard and costly to translate.
Out of curiosity, do any of you (non-native Finns) read/speak Finnish?

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Not really. I can get through the books using a dictionary. There are many words that I know but speaking Finn is another matter. They make sounds we have never heard down south (smile)

·
Registered
260 Posts
You will not find the three vol. set Finnish Miltary Firearms 1918-1991, at any U.S. book store. The book has been out of print for many years, and the last set I saw was in Helsinki Finland. The price was 240 Euros or $336.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Out of curiosity, do any of you (non-native Finns) read/speak Finnish?
My dad, aunts, grandparents have tried to help me learn, and I know a bit, but not enough to carry on a conversation. Put it this way, if I had to know Finnish to survive, I would die.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts