Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening!

First, I want to thank all the fellow enthusiasts who have helped make DPRC matches so successful! Our last match, on Saturday, drew 14 competitors, and was a great success. Our matches have always been the garand match type of match, first 30 shots, then 50 shot matches. November 10th, however, is a fun new twist!

Our November 10th match is only prone slow fire, and will be 20 shot relays. Shooters can enter as many times as daylight and ammo allow! Here's how it'll work...

1. We fill up a first relay with shooters, and each relay has a 10 dollar entry fee.

2. 20 shots for score, sling only for support, score each other's targets

3. Winner paid out on the line upon score tally.

4. Repeat.

This way, you can shoot your same rifle multiple times, or try out multiple rifles. We will shoot relay after relay until the match is done, or until we run out of daylight. Again, you could come out and shoot your garand in one relay, an 03 in another relay, a K-31 in a third relay, or just shoot your K-31 in all the relays and win big! It's up to you!

The same rules that are on the www.dprc.org website apply... all original military rifles welcome! Plan to come and show your stuff!

Post or email with questions, and make your plans to attend now!

-Rob

·
Registered
164 Posts
K-31, huh, Rob? Could that be a "Woof" ticket? Well, hows about you and David trading off the duies as Range Officer and shooter and show us the superiority of that K-31.

I plan on being there...with my 03A3 and maybe Krag, too...NOT my Garand (unless my new rear sight parts come in and I can test them out). I feel bad about bring such a PITA with my Garand last match.

Rob, I really like the idea of shooters scoring each other's targets instead of us just scoring our own. I'd suggest drawing target numbers out of a hat to see who scores what, but however you work that out is good with me.

For any of you even close to the Durham, NC area I want to tell you that Rob and David run superb Vintage Rifle matches. I drive over 6 hours, round trip, to them and consider it time very well spent to shoot in those matches.

...Note:... The long drive home after eating a couple of Davids's chili dogs is a challenge, for sure)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts