Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own one of these, if so how do you like it? I have a RRA LAR 308 on order but it could be a long time befor it comes so I was looking at the DPMS, what do you guys think?

Tim

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ive not got first hand experience by owning one but i have first hand experience at the range behind the DPMS factory and my oppinion is i will buy one when the time comes to get one of these , i will give them a plus one

·
Silver Bullet Member
619 Posts
I have a DPMS LR308, and am very pleased with the fit, finish, and accuracy. Last Sunday shooting off the pickup cover at 140 yards, I had no trouble popping small tomatoes every time. I shot off a magazine full as fast as I could get back on target (a small pumpkin), maybe 30 seconds. I got 19 holes very evenly distributed over about 3". I was shooting milsurp US NATO. No FTF, FTE, no problems at all. Mine has A3 receiver, target trigger, 24" fluted barrel, cryo'ed, M60-type flash hider (I trained on the M60 in the dark ages, so what the heck), skeleton stock, 2.5-10IR IOR Valdada scope (fantastic scope! particularly for the cost.), Hogue grip, Harris bipod (it's heavy at 14 pounds with the bipod). My mistake to order it with the skeleton stock--at $80 it's standard butstock, complete with trapdoor, but they have just machined out the cutout. Wish I'd done different, and am now looking at aftermarket options. I may stick that stock on my DPMS M4-type, as I'm tiring of the loose feeling of the butt stock and foregrip. Makes it feel wobbly IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts